Project Description: JUNIPER's vision is to create a Java Platform that can support a range of high-performance Intelligent Information Management application domains that seek real-time processing of streaming data, or real-time access to stored data. This will be achieved by developing Java and UML modelling technologies to provide:
- Architectural Patterns - using predefined libraries and annotation technology to extend Java with new directives for exploiting streaming I/O and parallelism on high performance platforms;
- Virtual Machine Extensions - using class libraries to extend the JVM for scalable platforms;
- Java Acceleration - performance optimisation is achieved using Java JIT to Hardware (FPGA), especially to enable real-time processing of fast streaming data;
- Performance Guarantees - will be provided for common application real-time requirements; and
- Modelling - of persistence and real-time within UML / MARTE to enable effective development, code generation and capture of real-time system properties.
The project will use financial and web streaming case studies from industrial partners to provide industrial data and data volumes, and to evaluate the developed technologies.
SOFTEAM's Role: Work Package Leader
- Modeling Big Data structures
- Big Data design methods: Business Objects -> Persistence Modeling -> NoSQL storage implementation
- Generation of data access layer in real-time Java